Here are some of the stories making headlines in the past two days:
- A new H5N1 outbreak was confirmed in Thai chicken.
- A second series of tests from birds on the Greek island of Chios returned negative.
- In Romania, a swan and a goose that died in the Danube Delta tested positive for the H5 virus.
- Tests on chicken at a Japanese farm near Tokyo showed the birds had antibodies for the H5 strain of flu. 82,000 chicken were going to be culled.
- Turkey culled 750 chickens on Sunday in the village of Akbaslar (Bursa province) following the sudden death of other birds in the region. Test were pending, it was not confirmed this was bird flu.
- The WHO is asking China for more information on the death of a 12 year old girl. The girl was initially thought to have bird flu, but Chinese authorities eventually declared she had died from pneumonia. The girl's brother is also sick, but in stable condition.